Linux Mint Is Fast Because it Doesn't Have Red or Blue?

Kom binnen en praat hier gezellig met mede Mint-gebruikers over alles en nog wat
Wamukota
Nieuweling
Nieuweling

Linux Mint Is Fast Because it Doesn't Have Red or Blue?

Berichtdoor Wamukota » Za 07 Nov 2009, 08:40

Ik dacht dat ik alles gelezen over nieuwe Linux gebruikers die van Windows overkomen, maar deze vind ik toch de max

Bron : http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=35575

Hi,

I'm currently using Windows XP, and I've been considering switching to Ubuntu. My friend, who uses many different types of Linux distributions has encouraged me to go with Linux Mint. He said it's the fastest, and smoothest Linux distro. I've looked at some screenshots and noticed that they're pretty much all green, with only different shades of green, but no reds or blues.

My friend told me this is why Linux Mint is so fast - because it takes more CPU power to generate reds and blues, while green is a neutral color, and so the CPU doesn't need to expend a lot of energy, and so it can dedicate itself to processing other tasks.

Can someone explain to me how Linux Mint managed to do this? I have a monitor that can display all three colors (it can do over a million colors, I think) so why couldn't the Linux Mint team dedicate the color processing to my monitor?

Also, is there any plans to incorporate at least red or blue in the future? I think more colors can be achieved by including at least one of those other colors, because then they can be mixed to form more. If so, please incorporate blue, because I think red and green mix to only make brown, which isn't very pleasant.

Thanks!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
josbruyn
Nieuweling
Nieuweling

Re: Linux Mint Is Fast Because it Doesn't Have Red or Blue?

Berichtdoor josbruyn » Za 07 Nov 2009, 11:12

Een goede,... Lang geleden nog zo gelachen. :D :D :D :D :D
midas

Re: Linux Mint Is Fast Because it Doesn't Have Red or Blue?

Berichtdoor midas » Za 07 Nov 2009, 16:25

Ja, op de middelbare school hadden wij ook al zoiets:

Vraag: 'Wat is het verschil tussen een krokodil ????'

Antwoord: 'Des te GROENER...des te ZWEMT-IE !!'

Terug naar “Het Mint café”